1. What is the size and weight of a railroad tie?
In Brazil we have two standard measures. 0.16 x 0.22 x 2.00 meters and 0.17 x 0.24 x 2.80 meters, respectively 80Kg and 130kg.
2. If I need railroad tie out of the standard measure, do you provide?
Yes, we have special measures both in length and in heights and widths, made to order.
3. What is the difference between an untreated crosstie/sleeper and treated in an autoclave?
Untreated wooden crossties/sleepers exposed in outdoor areas have serious risk of being attacked by fungi and insects and rot in 1 to 2 years. The treated crossties/sleepers last at least 8 times longer without suffering any kind of attack, and can reach up to 30 years without any occurrence.
4. What is the difference between a used crosstie and treated crosstie?
The used crossties/sleepers taken from tracks precisely because the life span of preservation in autoclave reached its technical limit, so likely to suffer from wood decay organisms attacks. Newly treated still have the entire life to be fulfilled.
5. What is the size and weight of a crossarm?
In Brazil we have two standard measures 0.09 x 0.11 x 2.00 meters and 0.09 x 0.11 x 2.40 meters,respectively 23,5Kg and 28,5Kg.
6. How much does a crosstie or crossarm cost?
Will depend on the number of pieces and place of delivery. To Ask for a quote, please provide us with the quantity and sizes to the email: [email protected]